Re: Linux and Gtk 2.0

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:48:41PM +0200, Peter Firefly Lund wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Chandrashekhar V. Joshi wrote:

As for Linux desktops the gtk libraries are in built and we dont need to
install them I am interested in knowing what version of Linux will have
gtk2 libraries.

presently we are working on 7.x version and moving towards 8.x version
of Linux.

Well, version 3.0 doesn't have them:
(http://www.debian.org/)

But, why, yes it does:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/libs/libgtk2.0-0.html

From reading the webpage it looks like you have to try 1.4_rc4 instead:
(http://www.gentoo.org/)

Ah, this has a more recent version - might be a better choice.
Dang, rc4 - it's not stable yet :-(

Maybe version 9 is the way to go - after all that one is officially
released now, isn't it?
(http://www.mandrakelinux.com/, http://www.redhat.com/)

Oh, wait, he did ask for GTK+ 2.0.
Version 3.0 is the best choice then, the others have 2.2 :-P
(url above :-)

Regards,

Filip

--
<Myth> the UNIX trademark has changed hands so much no one is quite sure who
       really owns it anymore