Collapsable toolbox categories.

In the Gnome HIG, it suggests that toolboxes with a large number of icons should be divided into categories. Each category should have a label at the top, and a collapsing arrow. Clicking the label or the arrow toggles the category between a collapsed and uncollapsed state.

Although I am not writing a Gnome app (I only use GTK libraries), I think that this sounds like a good idea.

How would I implement this? Is there a collapsable (sp?) container which deals with this sort of thing easily, or should I use some other method?

The HiG bit about tables (with a screenshot) can be seen at:

Best regards,

Get Hotmail on your mobile phone