gtk+sockets

Hi All,

After trying to use sockets in my gtk application for 4 futile hrs I gave up and decided to seek out help from you guys. Here's my problem

I have a button handler which should receive data over a network when the button is clicked.

This is how I approached.

I created a socket in the button handler and binded it to an IP address and a port.And then I used the recvfrom() statement to receive the data. But it will never be executed and the data wont be received.

The same piece of code works fine when I keep application free from gtk.

I hope someone out there can spare few mins to help me out.

Thanks

Mohan

Do you Yahoo!?