rename file (Glib/GTK)

  This is more a GTK/GLIB question. Please redirect me to the appropriate list
if this is not the right place to post this.

  I am reading a dir with GtkFileSelection and the return value is of the form:

  C:\mysys\Administrator\blah.

 When  passing the string to g_file_test(str, G_FILE_TEST_IS_DIR), it returns
false even thought the directory exists ( and I have permissions to write to
it.)

  I noticed that this works well if I skip all the \ with "\\". or with /.

  I think that this also is causing the rename(char* s, char*) call to fail
when I try to rename a regular file.

  How can I "force" GtkFileSelection to return the correct string ? (Am I doing
something wrong?)

 I am using GLIB/GTK 2.0.6 -
 Compiling with gcc 2.95.3 on MSYS  ( G_OS_WIN32 does get defined since I use
configure. )
 The failure is on Windows NT 4.0.

 Please, any help would be appreciated.

 Another question: I noticed that MSYS/MINGW has a gdb - how can I make Win
dump core and use it with gdb (Like we normally do on LinUnix's)

  Thank for the your help in advance.

Harring.