Re: gtk+sockets

Mohan Chirumamilla wrote:

Hi All,

After trying to use sockets in my gtk application for 4 futile hrs I gave up and decided to seek out help from you guys. Here's my problem

I have a button handler which should receive data over a network when the button is clicked.

Button handler is a callback on "clicked" signal, isn't it ?

This is how I approached.

I created a socket in the button handler and binded it to an IP address and a port.And then I used the recvfrom() statement to receive the data. But it will never be executed and the data wont be received.
You mean the "callback is never executed" or "callback is executed but you code in callback isn't working" ?

The same piece of code works fine when I keep application free from gtk.
So your code have to work with gtk too...

Olexiy