Colors gone!?!

I am currently using 1.2.10 GTK just fine under RedHat 6.2.  I recently loaded
up RedHat 7.3
and an application I have is got a problem with colors.

The application is a simple series of buttons and display items that are blue,
white, red, green and
the lettering is black.  I used styles to change the color of some of the
buttons toggling between
red and green.

The application is simple, it grabs data out of a shared memory region and
displays it.  Some of the
buttons modify the shared memory.  It is designed to look like an old CPU
front panel.  The applicaiton
is to emulate the old cpu.

The problem is that with the newer GTK, OS displays everything in
a grey with black lettering .  No more colors!

Any suggestions on how to get my colors back?

Regards
--
I think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.
-- Oscar Wilde