how to hide a notebook page

Hello,

I have an application that contains a notebook widget that each contain
views/pages of different objects listed in a ctree. A user has asked for
a simplified/uncluttered feature that doesn't show a view (notebook page
containing the ctree) unless the ctree is populated.

GTK 1.2 offers the ability to append or remove a notebook page but I
can't seem to find a routine to hide a page. Also, a notebook page is
tracked by a GtkNotebookPage structure but the docs says it isn't a
GtkObject just a struct.

Anyone know how to do what I want?

ps. I also want to be able to show/unhide the page when the ctree in it
gets populated after being hidden.

--
regards,

Luciano Chavez