resizing child problem

I put a gtklayout1 into a gtklayout2, then put gtkalyout2 into a
scrolledwindow. I want to resize the gtklayout1 when the scrolledwindow
is resized. So, I catch the 'size_allocate' event of scrolledwindow and
resize the gtklayout1 and gtklayout2 in the event handler. But it seems
doing a infinit loop sicnce the 'size_allocate' event is kept being
called over and over again until the system crashes. What should I do to
do the resizing properly?

Regards

Yanxin