Problems with gdk 2.0.6 and libpng 1.2.4 under Win32

This is a follow up to an earlier message I sent.

I'm getting an access error using the libpng.  I've downloaded all the dev
and runtime libraries and stuff from Tor's page.  Previous versions have
worked fine with my application (specifically gdk 2.0.0).  I have since
gotten my application to run by using the libpixbufloader-png.dll file from
the gtk 2.0.3 release and the older libpng-3.dll.  I thought I'd pass along
the progress I've made so far to help in finding the problem.

Here's my minimal application that crashes under the gtk 2.0.6 win32
libraries when used with libpng 1.2.4.

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

// linked with gdk_pixbuf-2.0.lib gdk-win32-2.0.lib

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
      GdkPixbuf *pixbuf;
      char* fname = "frame_top.png";

      gdk_init(&argc, &argv);
      pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(fname, NULL);

      return 0;
}

The access error happens at gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file.  I've also attached
the png file I'm using.  I'm using MS VC 6.0 sp4.  I'm running all this on
Windows 2k sp 2.

Thanks

Bill

(See attached file: frame_top.png)