Re: How long will deprecated functions (gtk+-2.0) be available?

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 12:39, Oliver Rauch wrote:

Hello.

I did not find an info in the gtk+-2.0 docs.
Is there a timeplan how long "deprecated" function will
keep available in gtk+-2.0?

I think the usual intent in these things is that the deprecated item
sticks around until the next release.  In this case that would be
gtk+-3.0.  Sometimes there's two levels of deprecation to give people
time.

However, speaking more to the issue, when ever I see these types of
questions I think of the fact that it costs 1000 times more to rewrite
something than to design it correctly in the first place.  Pay your
nickle or pay your 50 bucks.  Take your pick.

I'm also, BTW, reminded of the joke of the COBOL programmer who was
cryogenicly frozen before Y2K and was woke up, many years later, to fix
the Y10K problem.

No jokes about COBOL#, please.

--
Mike Sangrey