Why does this small program cause an X11 BadMatch?

Hi all,

I've isolated the problem I'm seeing in converting an XView app to Gtk,
into the small example attached below.

Can somebody clue my in why this is giving me:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

It's the:

    gdk_window_copy_area(xid, svgc, 0, 0, xid, 0, 0, width, height);

that's bitching.

Note that I need this GdkPixmap to be a depth of 1 as I want to use it
later as a stencil in a GdkGC. It also needs to be created dynamically as
it might be a different width/height.

Thanks.