Why does this small program cause an X11 BadMatch?

Hi all,

I've isolated the problem I'm seeing in converting an XView app to Gtk,
into the small example attached below.

Can somebody clue my in why this is outputting:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

It's the:

    gdk_window_copy_area(xid, svgc, 0, 0, xid, 0, 0, width, height);

that's bitching. The source and dest values are the same so I'm guessing
it's something I've set in svgc (foreground/background?), but I'm not sure
what I should be setting them too here.

Thanks.