directory selection dialog

Hello.

I am looking for a directory selection dialog,
comparable to gtk_fileselction.

Although it is possible to use gtk_fileselection_*
to select directories (I hide the file selection box)
the behaviour is not very intuitive.

When you click a "directory" once then you get the following:

Selection: /first/part/of/the/path
  "directory"

and the returned path is:

/first/part/of/the/path/"directory"

This often confuses the users because it would make more
sense that the returned path is the path listed in
the "Selection" part. The lower text box does not
make sense for selecting directories.

Is there a way to change the behaviour of gtk_fileselection
for selecting directories or is there an other widget/window
to do this?

Thanks
Oliver