Gdk-Critical warnings and GtkToolbar borders

Hi there.. I'm working on a project (gaim) which has been ported from GTK+ 1.2 to GTK+ 2.0 and the port is somewhat of an ugly hack at this point.

My first question is the following: In GTK+1.2, I believe GtkToolbars were created flat by default. However, in GTK+2.0, there is a bevel around the entire toolbar - how do I turn this container-wide border off?

Also, the following message gets output many times during program execution:
(gaim:1550): Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 61 (gdk_font_unref): assertion `private->ref_count > 0' failed While I realize GdkFonts are deprecated, how would I go about tracking down where in the program execution this error is coming from?

--
   ___   ___
  / _ | / _ \   Ari Pollak - ari aripollak com - www.aripollak.com