callbacks on a CTree node

Hello,

        I have a CTree in my app, and when the user clicks on an item in that
tree, I need it to do something.  How do I connect a signal handler to
it?  I tried using simply:

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(node), "clicked",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(on_foldertree_item_clicked), NULL);

but then when the program gets here, it complains about the GTK_OBJECT()
cast, saying that "node" isn't an object.  I thought all gtk_widgets
were also gtk_objects?  in any case, how do I do this?  And is there a
way to set something like this up in Glade?

Thanks!
-Ron Roth