Re: Watching a socket with g_io_add_watch(): works only first time

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:32:57 +0200 Tilman Sauerbeck
<tilman sauerbeck web de> wrote:

Perhaps returning FALSE from the callback? Return TRUE to leave it
installed.

D'oh. With returning TRUE, it works fine =)

Well, now it reads data more than once, but it does so forever, i.e. it tries to read data from the socket
although there isn't any waiting.

I checked the GIOCondition variable:
the condition parameter my read_input() gets is G_IO_IN, but g_io_channel_get_buffer_condition() returns 0!

How can this happen? How can I stop it from doing this? =)

Thanks,
Tilman

--
Get GKrellM Newsticker @ http://gk-newsticker.sourceforge.net