Combobox in a hbox...

Hi.

First, can whoever moderates this *please* figure out why my posts are
being moderated?

I suspect it is because my old address is subscribed to the list, and
not my new one. can you check please? my old address is probably
imolton *

Secondly:

I have a hbox, which contains a combobox and a checkbox.

the combobox is used to select between two values - 1 and 2.

gtk renders the combobox about 10 characters wide. how do I make it only
render about 2 chars wide? it looks ridiculous ;-)

Thanks.

PS. thanks to all who responded about my gc related questions - its
sorted now.