Re: WM standards

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 04:59:12PM +0100, Carlos Pereira wrote:
<snip>

Calling gdk_window_set_decorations before showing the
window the first time is not an option, because these windows
should start as any other window. Then if the user wants to
have a full view of the OpenGL image just press Escape.
Pressing Escape again returns to the original size and
position. This is an option, like minimizing a window,
that the user can use at any moment, on a window that
exists already.

<snip>

Please see section 5.7 of the EWMH:
  http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/x187.html

A full-screen state was recently added. I think the most recent versions
(sometimes devel) of Metacity, Sawfish, FVWM, IceWM, and KDE's window
manager already support this. There are ways to make a window full-screen
without this, but they aren't very nice.

The Escape key seems a very unusual keybinding for this. I think either
F11 or F12 is more common; but I can't remember which or if that's with
a modifier.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan