Re: using themes for my app?!

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 11:17, RevX gmx at wrote:
Hi,

because I'm a total newbie to (using) themes I have a few questions:
(but before this: I'm running SuSe Linux 7.2 with KDE 2.1.2)

Is GTK+ basically Window System independent and if yes, why's
there such association with Gnome then?

I believe it's because of KDE is using the QT library, and Gnome and
other things use GTK. You can use either, but if you are using KDE, QT
might run a little faster. As when you start a GTK app, it will have to
load all the dependent libraries and ext. It's like launching a KDE app
in Gnome, it takes longer than if you were in KDE.

So you can use either, but if you will always run KDE, you may want to
consider QT. Otherwise GTK should be somewhat independent, and you can
use it just the same. The GTK themes should work as well.

I do not like KDE, and therefore love GTK and Gnome. :)

Hope that helps.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.