Re: I need a __CLEAN__ "gtk_window_present()"

Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com> writes:
I need the widgets to all be drawn to an offscreen context before
entering the screen instead of having a half or quarter second
of widgets poping up on the screen.

The only thing you could do is find some way to render your widgets to
a pixmap, then set the pixmap as the backing pixmap of the window
before you show the window on the screen. Owen used to have a hack to
render widgets to a pixmap, perhaps posted to gtk-devel-list. The hack
was to do transparent or fade-in menus so you'd look for that in the
subject line.

Havoc