Re: Changing Tooltips "On The Fly"

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:

jseymour LinxNet com (Jim Seymour) writes:
Putting in a new tooltip with gtk_tooltips_new(), works.  When I do
that, will gtk free() the space occupied by the old tooltip for me?  Or
will I eat memory that way?

GtkTooltips is actually a _group_ of tooltips, not a single
tooltip. You only need one such object per application.

(I spent a year or two creating a GtkTooltips per-widget and wondering
why the object had a weird "s" on the end of it ;-))

Lol!  That's just what I was doing, too.  And there was the little,
niggling thought at the back of my mind: "I wonder if I really need
only *one* GtkTooltips object?"

If you call gtk_tooltips_set_tip() again it should change the tip for
you.
[snip]

It does.  I was just curious about the memory management aspect of
doing that repeatedly.

Thanks for the follow-up, Havoc.  Appreciate it.

Regards,
Jim
--
Jim Seymour                  | PGP Public Key available at:
jseymour LinxNet com         | http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/pks-commands.html