Re: Buttons within buttons

"Richard Warren" <rew primagraphics co uk> writes:
I think it probably is a bug - my initial guess was that the
button_press handler for some widget returned the wrong value (FALSE
instead of TRUE), but now I think it may be the stacking order of the
input-only windows used to trap events. Probably the input-only
windows should have the same stacking as the widgets themselves.

I could be wrong though.

Havoc

I can confirm that this problem still occurs in GTK+ V1.3.15 if that's any
help!  Spin-buttons inside other buttons still can't be changed through the
GUI.

Owen says he did it on purpose:

 - if you have a child widget in the button such as an image,
   then clicks on the image should activate the button
 - it's quite difficult to make the button work correctly if
   child widgets can be active, because e.g. the button
   gets enter/leave events when you move into the child
 - it's weird that window and no-window widgets work differently
   as button children
 - putting other interactive widgets inside a button is not
   something most people do, and a highly dubious UI

So, it's probably this way for good.

Can I ask why you don't have the spin button _next_ to the button
instead of inside it?

Havoc