Re: "Why would an always displayed list be better than a popup list?"
- From: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>
- Cc: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, gtk-app-devel-list <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: "Why would an always displayed list be better than a popup list?"
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:41:32 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Darin Adler wrote:
PS: Getting way off topic, but I must ask. You mention that most Mac and
Solaris web browsers render the "Choose your country" control as a massive
popup menu. Is there a web browser out there that does something better? (I
know that web designers can make a better choice, but I didn't know that web
browsers did.) If so, I'd like to know which one so I can check it out!
Konqueror uses a popup list that has full "type start of text to go to the
item" support. It seems to handle massive lists in a nice way. Mozilla
only handles the first character, which is slightly less useful.
] [Thread Prev