Re: "Why would an always displayed list be better than a popup list?"

On 2/5/02 11:11 AM, "Calum Benson" <calum benson sun com> wrote:

Having said that, think of the now-standard "Choose your country"
control that you find on many websites these days, which most Mac and
Solaris web browsers render as a massive popup menu.

Yes, popup menus don't work for long lists, so that's one way that an
always-displayed list is better than a popup list.

    -- Darin

PS: Getting way off topic, but I must ask. You mention that most Mac and
Solaris web browsers render the "Choose your country" control as a massive
popup menu. Is there a web browser out there that does something better? (I
know that web designers can make a better choice, but I didn't know that web
browsers did.) If so, I'd like to know which one so I can check it out!