RE: window re-size of application?

So i tried a few people's suggestions (thanks very much!), but i'm still having
problems.

Now, in my 'main.c' where i'm creating the main window, i've declared that as an
extern:

extern GtkWidget *main_window;  /*defined in main.h */

Then in main.c, i setup the 'main_window' and do a:
gtk_widget_show (main_window);

So then in my function where i wish to modify the size (in 'callbacks.c'), i
have the following code:

  gtk_widget_set_usize(main_window, 400, 400);
  gtk_widget_queue_resize(main_window);

I execute the function, but the window size does not change.
Nothing seems to happen.
Yes, callbacks.c includes "main.h" in the include list.

Any suggestions, or other things i could try?

Thanks.

--
Craig.
http://www.wombat.ca               Why? Why not.