Changing the Drawing Area Coordinate Origin

Currently my drawing area's origin (x=0, y=0) is at the top left corner of the "canvas". Since I am used to the Cartesian plane, this is not ideal. I would like it to be the lower left corner. Is there any way to do this? Right now I am doing it by subtracing my y value from the vertical size, but I would rather not do it that way if it is possible. Is the origin changeable?

Mark