Re: How to get beta testers?

I think a few of the features you may want are available in xtraceroute.
It may help to have a look at the source for xtraceroute.

Regards,
Imran

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 08:15, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
      You could do that on sf.net (just
get a user account and point-click and write
a letter for the news and hope to make headlines).

But I actually might be interested; I'm just
not so sure what your engine does but I'm writing
a diagnostic program with the following requirements:

I'm displaying a worldmap with landmarkers
so I need to have an engine that I can place
an icon at `latitude/longitude' on the map.
I also need to be able to trap mouse events
on those icons.

I'll also need to know "where" a mouse click
occured i.e. if someone clicks africa I want to
be able to zoom on africa and highlight africa
and display the country borders in africa.
(well thats a nice feature I _hope_ to have)

So if you think that your engine could help my
project at all I'd be pleased to help out
and let you know what bugs I find etc, etc...
(as you can see I'm still in the planning stage
so feel free to make a suggestion).

Cheers,
              -Tristan

Bryan Brown wrote:

What's the procedure for asking for beta testers?

I've ported my Earth map drawing program from the Amiga to Linux using Gtk
1.2 and the gnome libraries, and I think that in a few weeks (once I
finish cleaning out the debug code) it'll be ready for people to bash on
it to find bugs.

The app draws several different kinds of map projections as well as some
views from user-specified orbital altitudes.

Once it's ready for prime time I'd like to release it under the GNU
license, so what's the procedure for getting that going?

Thanks,

Bryan