How to get beta testers?

What's the procedure for asking for beta testers?

I've ported my Earth map drawing program from the Amiga to Linux using Gtk
1.2 and the gnome libraries, and I think that in a few weeks (once I
finish cleaning out the debug code) it'll be ready for people to bash on
it to find bugs.

The app draws several different kinds of map projections as well as some
views from user-specified orbital altitudes.

Once it's ready for prime time I'd like to release it under the GNU
license, so what's the procedure for getting that going?

Thanks,

Bryan

* Bryan Brown      <*>              bbrown radix net
* http://www.radix.net/~bbrown