Re: Configuration files

Martyn Russell wrote:
I too am interested in this. I have looked at gnomeconfig - and that works well but not across platforms (e.g. windows). So I looked at GConf, which is supposed to work on windows and linux, except I can't get it to build on windows because it requires linc which isnt windows sockets compatible.

I do a lot of cross-platform work and have found that for me, the easiest solution is to make a few small wrapper functions for saving and loading settings. The functions then use #ifdefs to compile GConf-based code on GNU/Linux or use the registery functions on MS Windows. My application will only call my wrapper functions directly, so all I need to do to cross-compile is add -DWINDOWS or -DLINUX to my Makefile.

Todd