How to imitate the image map functionality in gtk?

K,

What set of widgets should I use to achieve the same functionality as an
image map on a web page in gtk?  For example, I define an image of 100x100
pixels and want to trap a mouse click event in an area of 10x10 pixels at
offset 50x50 from top left?

Example:

------------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
-------------+++++------------------
-------------+++++------------------
-------------+++++------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------

- = unclickable area
+ = clickable area

Any insights?

Bryan

--

Bryan Cramer -  Network Operations
bcramer radiant net - 604-692-4580

PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS EMAIL TRANSMISSION IS
CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED AND INTENDED ONLY FOR THE NAMED ADDRESSEE.
ANY DISTRIBUTION BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE NAMED ADDRESSEE IS PROHIBITED.