Re: [gtk-app-devel-list] Getting and restoring window position...

Thierry FLORAC <tflorac ulthar net> writes:
My problem is simple : how can I get and restore the position of a
GtkWindow in a way that is compatible with any window manager ??

It's quite impossible, because the ICCCM (the specification for how
apps work with window managers) specifically allows window managers to
position windows in varying ways. i.e. it is not specified that you
can get the window manager to do this.

However in GTK 2 the gtk_window_get_position() and gtk_window_move()
functions will make a best effort. Be sure to read the documentation
on these. If they don't work with all WMs you should almost certainly
just give up, those functions do what can/should be done.

Havoc