[gtk-app-devel-list] Getting and restoring window position...

  Hi...

I know that this problem have already been noticed several times in this
list, but as I didn't found any completely working answer, I'd like to
ask for it a new time...

My problem is simple : how can I get and restore the position of a
GtkWindow in a way that is compatible with any window manager ??

I've tried several methods with functions like gdk_window_get_position,
gdk_window_get_root_origin, gdk_window_get_deskrelative_origin,
gdk_window_move, gtk_window_set_position, gtk_widget_set_uposition,...,
but I didn't found any method which can work fine with every window
managers (I'm currently testing on SawFish, Enlightenment and
WindowMaker).

  Thanks,
  Thierry

P.S. : please be kind to answer me directly, as I didn't subscribe to
this mailing list...