Re: GTK+ 1.2.x on Win32?

On 2002.04.06 04:10 Martyn Russell wrote:

and download the libs (this has the compiled libs) and dev libs (this
contains the header files) from here:
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32//downloads.html

Hi,

I have a question there, in VC, there are .dll and .lib files,
the .lib files are like .a files under Linux and .dll files are
like .so files under Linux. When I compile (afterwards) my app,
do I still need the .dll's?  Meaning do every user need to have
the GTK .dll's installed to run my app?

I then (with my software) have a batch file which i run that loads the
environment with the locations of the DLLS/paths and things that  are
needed to be set up when linking and setting the cflags un VC.

Can you show me a sample of that batch file?

I mainly had problems using anything to do with gnome when porting my
apps.  If you stick to raw GTK in your code you should be ok.  I did
mine with glade to, which means you will need those extra libraries
(libxml and libglade), I found libglade in ONE place and it is rarely
available for download.

I'm primarely trying to port Vertex
(http://wolfpack.twu.net/Vertex) and that uses just GTK
and the GtkGLArea widget (and an implmentation of
OpenGL).

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--