Re: real time display question in gtk

On 2002.04.01 11:40 zhang li wrote:
hi, guys,

What i need to do is: read data from network, at the
same time, display(draw) the data in a drawing area.
The most important thing is to display the progressing
of data flow.

some guys have such experience? please give
suggestions. Or if you know where I can find more
material about this, tell me the website.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I've done this before.

You really need to know the GTK timeout callbacks
and how to optimize them, along with using GDK RGB
buffers for drawing output really helps.

Have your callback check for the network stats as
often as possible, and directly update the GtkDrawable
(or whereever you are drawing out to) as quickly as
possible.

Remember, optimul use of GTK timeout callbacks and
GDK RGB buffers.   If you have any specific questions
let me know.

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--