Re: Video stream to display

Le 17.09.01, John Cupitt a tapoté :

| Hi Thomas,

        Hi,

| gdk_draw_gray_image() is about as quick as you can get with X.
|
| - Try running gtk+-1.2.x/gtk/testrgb ... this benchmarks the image
| display stuff
| in gdk. On my very modest PC, I get about 40 fps for a 640x480 pixel
| window. If
| you get much less than this, there's something wrong with your X setup.

        Okay...
        I'll try what I said in my previous message : running my program
        with display onboard of the robot. I think it's well configured
        since the administrator of that robot is a person that works on
        X11 for OpenBSD :)

| - If that gives OK numbers, maybe there's something slow in your code. Take a
| look at testrgb.c and see how it works.
|
| - If that looks OK too, then your problem is in the camera software, and gtk+
| won't be able to help you :-)

        :)
        It's okay : video streaming work quite well via another way (java
        applet :( ).

| Good luck,

        Thank you for all. To you and all others who answered my
        message !

| (gtk-devel is for work in the insides of gtk, best not to post programming
| questions there)

        Oups. Sorry : I thought I had subscribed to nother list and thought
        it was this one...

--
BOFH excuse #164:
root rot