problem with drawing 32bit image to 16bit screen (works with 32/24 bit screen)

Hi,

I was trying to draw a 32bit color image to both a 24bit system and 16 bit systems. I got the 24bit system works but not the 16 bit systems. It seems that gdk isn't reading my 32bit color image properly because I got an image displayed twice adjacent to each other (on the 16bit system).

I was using gdk_draw_rgb_32_image(). Anything to do with the colormap, visual, or the GC? I read the gdk section of GGAD and tried to push and pop the colormap and visual when creating the top level window and the drawing area (gtk widgets).

By the way, is gdk_draw_gray_image() use data in packed 8-bit instead of using data with each 32bit word as one pixel which contains only 8-bit of useful data?

Regards,
Patrick