gnome applet with multiple windows: applet factory

HI

With all the help on this list, my applet is more and more
beginning to take the form I'd like it to have, thanks!

I'm now looking at how to make multiple windows from
one process. I found a section in the panel documentation
on 'applet factories'. I'd like my applet to launch 2 different
top-level windows that appear as separate apps in the gnome panel.
In the documentation here:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/panel/unnamed14.html

it says that one has to enter several ..._factory entries
in the .gnorba file and then in the application check
for different goad_id's. But I don't understand how
this works. As far as I know, the goad_id is given when
invoking the applet like this:

./tuktuk_applet --activate-goad-server=tuktuk_applet

so, how can I get different goad id's in my program? I'd
greatly appreciate someone to explain a bit about how to
use this, and about how a goad server works. Or just to
give a pointer to documentation about this.

best regards

jos