Re: How to draw an RGB image?

Daniel Haude <dhaude physnet uni-hamburg de> writes:
I'm assuming that I must use a gtk_drawingarea widget, and
somehow use gdk_draw_rgb_image() in order to get the data into
it. After getting totally lost in the deeper levels of the Gtk
and Gdk APIs and header files,

OK, step 1: read the "scribble" example in the GTK tutorial. This is
the only good place to learn how to use a drawing area.

Then, I'd point out that a GdkPixbuf is a nice packaged-up RGB buffer
that's a bit easier to deal with, but basically you're already on the
right track with your example code.

Havoc