multithreaded redrawing

Hi!

  I tried to use a pthread to add content to a GtkCTree. My problem is
  that from time to time the application suffers redraw problems (the
  content is not redrawn properly). If this happens the application
  needs to be restartet. Is it possible to do this? Is there
  anything I have to take care of? I just passed a pointer to a GtkCTree
  instance as param to the pthread function (I didn't do any thread
  initialization with glib).

Thx
  jochen