Design Question

Hi there,

I wrote a small applet I want to release soon to the public. It shows a
small pixmap indicating the status of a (Fast Ethernet) network
connection using the mii_diag code of Donald Becker.

But now I want to create an application window that you get when you
click on the pixmap (as known from GnomeICU for example). OK, I used
Glade to design the GUI for that. But now I have a problem, in the first
place it's just cosmetic, but it's also something I cannot stop thinking
about (I guess you now THAT :-). OK, here is the problem: I want a white
"bar" at the top of the window as know from Red Carpet for example. What
Widgets whould you use for that? Right now I have a GtkHBox with a logo
pixmap on the left and and nothing on the right. I did not find anything
that I can change the color of to white. If I use a pixmap I must use a
pixmap with exactly the size of the window since I cannot scale... Any
idea?

I saw that Havoc is on this list: Nice book (GGAD) but a chapter about
applets would be nice though :-)

        Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>     www.niemueller.de
 Two things are infinite, the universe and the human stupidity,