Re: Newbie question - GTK focus order control

Ah.  That would explain why I've not seen altering it addressed.

So, to implement a design that makes the best of the default behavior what should one expect that behavior to be? Is order determined by the order in which the widgets are created in code or by their final positions in the container/window/whatever (e.g., something like order = upper-left to bottom-right)?

I hope the answer is the former, because the latter would preclude potentially useful layouts like multi-columnar arrangments where you'd fill in a bunch of stuff top-to-bottom on the left side of an arrangement before comitting via button(s) on the right.

Sorry for 50 questions up front. I know "code and ye shall see" will reveal all things but I'm still doing more evaluation than design right now.

Thanks,
Bill