Problems reading floats

Hello!!

    I am working in a project using glade, glade--, gnome-- y gtk--. I
created a dialog that read some information from a file using:

    fscanf("%f", &number_float);

    When I created the dialog I used glade without the Gnome support,
and everything look good. When I had a 1.203 I read a 1.203. But when I
entered this dialog in my big application whit gnome support then the
file was read wrong. If I change the point '.' with ',' then everything
is ok. I read the numbers if they were written 1,203.

    Someone could say why this ocurrs...

    Thanks.

    PD: Pardon, I am Spanish, I am sure that this message has many
mistakes.