GnomeCanvas: Scrolling resolved, moving GnomeCanvasGroups bug, De bugging

  Dear List,

  As far as the GnomeCanvas scrolling issue;
  I was messed up; I had some sizes wrong, causing the erratic behavior. I
realized this as I was reading through the GnomeCanvas scroll_to source.
Ne'er mind..! Scrolling works fine, just as expected.

  Now I come across something else strange.

  I have a GnomeCanvasGroup. I put a rectangle within it, and other little
doodads.
  Let's just say the gnomecanvasgroup now receives events on 10,10-50,50.
  I make it so that the GnomeCanvasGroup teleports to somewhere within
0,0-500,500 whenever I click on it.

  If I use:

  group[ "x" ] = random.randint( 0,500 )
  group[ "y" ] = random.randint( 0,500 )

  (...that's attribute setting for the C folk...)

  The group does indeed teleport (sometimes- sometimes it will leave some of
it's contents behind, and send others forward), but it doesn't receive any
events, unless it overlaps the region (0,0-50,50) and I click there..?!

  However, if I call:

  group.move( deltaX, deltaY )

  ...everything works fine.

  Why is this?
  Is this intentional, or a bug? Is there supposed to be some sort of
"refresh events mapping" call that I need to make after writing to the x/y
attributes?

  Can we fix this by merely having writes to "x" and "y" translate to calls
to GnomeCanvasGroup::move?

  I'd be happy to do it myself, I just don't know how to get the proper
authorization, or who to mail the fix to.
  (It will also take me some time to get a debuggable build of gnomeui
working.)

  But I'd like to establish first of all that this really is a bug.
  (I certainly think it is..!)

  Take care,
    Lion =^_^=

http://taoriver.net/~lion/