Re: FW: How does GnomeCanvas scrolling work..?

Hi, first - thanks for all the answers.

  In the Gnome libraries, there is a stock set of menu items and what not.
Included in the stock items is a "Quit" or "Exit" button. I think you might
even get it for free when you create a GnomeApplication. You certainly get
it for free when using Glade.

Hm, I don't use neither Glade nor Gnome. The second is too resource-heavy
[*] for my tiny laptop, and I curse the world, universe and everything
whenever some small, fine application says it needs the whole Gnome pack to
run.

The first one I would have to build first using --disable-gnome, and I am
sure I will try it one day. If I knew about Glade when I was starting
making my program, it would have probably saved me much time. Right now, it
probably would not make a difference, or even mess things up. Anyway,
thanks again, and I will take a good look on all the references.

By the way, does anybody know what is the state of integration between
Gnome/Gtk+ and KDE/Qt based applications? Since I am using neither Gnome
nor KDE, I have no idea :-) A reference for further reading would be very
nice.

Best regards,
j, the naive amateur user of obsolete hardware (and doing fine with it).

[*] some people use the word "bloated", but this is of course an
exaggeration, we need to make people buy new computers -- otherwise, wher
could we get our cheap second-hand ones? :-) Myself, I rather write a few
more lines of the code then force the user to install another few gigs of
shared libraries, but that is just my personal opinion[**]

[**] I am being harsh here, because I fear the day when you will have to
install Gnome just to run *any* gtk+ program. This is a naive and biased
view of a guy who is just a biologist writing programs for himself (and I
certainly miss a lot not using GnomeCanvas), but I am not the only one.

You are in a maze of interdepending twisty shared libraries, all different.
                                [ Krzysztof Zientara, prfsf-f ]