Re: Create the "basic" window

frankc srv net writes:
these things, since the spec postdates GTK 1.2 (and also because it
wouldn't be portable to Windows).

Is it a goal of GTK to be portable to Windows?  Is it really a concern
that it will not be portable to Windows?

Yes. And other potential GDK targets, such as framebuffer, mac,
whatever.

If a certain feature is not
portable to Windows then it needs to be documented as such.  I hope
we are not leaving out quality because M$ has already done so.

I don't think this is an issue of quality; it's just an X-specific
feature.

If you're using an X-specific feature, you can just use X directly
(interoperating with GTK via gdk/gdkx.h) and there is no need to put
that feature in the GDK abstraction layer.

In this particular case, the feature is also not in GTK because it's
very special-purpose and only an app such as Nautilus would ever use
it, so the feature should just be implemented in Nautilus (and the few
other apps of that kind).

Havoc