some GtkEntry questions

Hello all,

I have a GtkEntry and handler connected to "changed" signal. I want to get
behaviour like mozilla url entry. Into the handler i set text into the entry,
set selection for added text and move cursor to the end of string. After
handler finished the cursor moves to the position which was befor handler's
call and selection disappears. What is wrong?
The gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name does not help me.
Defining two functions: first for made changes into entry text and second for
made selection and connected one after other to the "changed" signal also
does not get desirable result. Selection and cursor positioning works only if
i make it iwith handler for another signal.

How can i set the cursor into the entry field into a program without clicking
on them or setting focus with keyboard?

Alesha.