how to install gtk+1.3.1

  hi, every one!
  I want to install gtk+1.3.1 on 2.2.16 kernel.After installed the glib-1.3.1, I want to install the gtk+
package, I do as follows:
  1.unzip the gtk+ package.
  2../configure
  error: GLIB 1.3.1 or better is required.The Test program compiled,but did not run.
  I don't know why, I have already installed the glib, but the gtk+ can't find it at all.
  Can you help me?
  I want to use the binary version of glib and gtk+, but when I type:# rpm -ivh
glib-gtkbeta-devel-1.3.2-1.i386.rpm..rpm, it reports:
  error:only packages with major numbers <=3 are supported by this version of RPM.
  Why so many problem, I hope you can drag me out!
  Thank you very much!!
                               Shirley

»¶Ó­Ê¹Óà 21CN µç×ÓÓʼþϵͳ http://www.21cn.com
Thank you for using 21cn.com Email system