File Manager...

I have to write something that will look like a file manager.  The one half
will be the linux disk, the other half will be to a file that is essentially
a simulation of a disk for an emulator I work on.  The idea is to transfer
files to/from the simulated disk to the real linux disk.

1) Does anyone know of code for a file manager type program (I could probably
   adapt)?

2) Any suggestions on an easy way to do this?  The functions will be simple,
copy, move, delete... Alot can be done with the file requestor function.

Would something like Glade be the right way to design the interface?  Does
someone have a similar interface I might adapt?
--
-- Tony Preston  *Team Amiga*  Linux Developer since 1993
-- SR Principal Engineer/Scientist