Re: Clist display problem

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Ken Steen wrote:

Vim can change the titlebar but I recompiled vim for console only
without any X support and I still get the same behaviour.  My best guess
is that vim causes zvtterm to send a Xlib signal that interfers with the
clist.  Whether the problem is in vim, zvtterm, or my program (most
likely) I don't know.  The only thing that I can think of is to trace
the user interface calls from vim to zvtterm to my program.  Any other
ideas would be appreciated.

I have had a look in the vim source code, and I can't seem to find
anything attempting to set the xterm title.  However, I have found some
code which is using the mouse (xterm provides some basic mouse interaction
facilities), and these don't seem to be turned off if you disable X
support (they are based on escape sequences, which therefore don't need
Xlib).  This is quite likely to be the cause of your problems...

To test it, you should be able to turn off the mouse in vim by making sure
USE_MOUSE and XTERM_MOUSE are not defined when it is compiled.  If it
works properly then there is a problem with the zvtterm mouse handling
(either in your code or the zvtterm code).

Hope this helps.

Jonathan