Re: programming editor

--- "tony K." <tony kwok 3web net> wrote:
This might be slightly OT, but I noticed that I am
not the only one
that works simultaneously in MSWindows and Gnome.

I am looking - so far unsucessfully - for a
graphical, mouse/menu
oriented,  (i.e. no Vi, Emacs. etc...)  programming
editor  that
satisfies the following (non-negotiable!) list of
requirements:

1) Same user interface on both platforms.
2) Has multiple-file search/replace facility.
3) Can do vertical scroll using mouse wheel.
4) Works with global clipboard in both environments.
5) Works reasonably well with large (1-2Meg) (text)
data files.
6) Does C language syntax highlight.
7) Can have multiple (single-window) copies running
at the same time.

And that is it... nothing more required, nothing
less accepted.
Suggestions welcome, to the list if you agree this
could be
of interest to others; to my e-mail otherwise..
t.k.

Anthony K. Transportation Systems - no HTML mail
please.

One suggestion is you look at Metrowerks CodeWarrior.
The last linux version they released(which I believe
was the only linux version they released) was put out
1-2 years ago. CW on the mac and on windows were
somewhat similar, so I suspect that also might be the
case for CW under linux. You might be able to buy a
copy off ebay dirt cheap. There is also a CW clone
called "Code Crusader" which I used before (saw (I the
light)(and became (I an emacs convert))) ;) It's
pretty good, and you can find it at Freshmeat.net

--Ilan